People actually used these!
- Now, calling in sick when your not means you have to come up with some good excuses, and apparently a lot of people aren’t that great at delivering believable ones. The site asked employers to reveal the craziest excuses they’ve ever received, and some of them are doozies. They include:
- A bear was in employee's yard and they were afraid to come out.
- Employee's phone exploded and it hurt their hand.
- Employee ate a toothpick in his food at restaurant.
- Employee broke his arm wrestling a female bodybuilder.
- Employee called in "fat" because uniform didn't fit.
- Dog swallowed employee's car keys so she was waiting until it came out.
- Employee left his clothes at the laundry mat.
- Employee did not have enough gas to get to work.
- Employee had to re-schedule a new manicure because some of their artificial nails fell off.
- Employee was not sure how the solar eclipse would affect them so it would be safer to stay at home.