Fast food might not be healthy, but people the world over love it – because it’s AWESOME! And while a burger and fries are king here in the U.S., our favorite fast food joints are doing things a little differently in other parts of the world.
- Among many other things,
McDonald’s in Japan offers:
- Shrimp burgers (Sesame buns, shrimp cutlet, lettuce, cheese, Thousand Island sauce);
- Cheese Tsukimi Burger (Sesame seed buns, 2 slices bacon, eggs fried over easy, aurora sauce – which is ketchup and mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, chicken patty);
- Mega McMuffin (Buns, eggs fried over easy, 2 sausage patties, cheese, ketchup) and Mega Beef Mac (Sesame buns, 4 beef patties, pickles, cheese, lettuce, bun in the middle).
- And for cherry blossom season, they’re selling a lovely pink cherry soda that comes in a cup decorated with the pretty flowers.
- At KFC in Australia:
- People love the Lamington Krusher. It’s a chocolate and coconut ice cream drink, topped with a Lamington, which is an Australian sponge cake coated in chocolate and coconut.
- There’s also the “Stacker Burger,” which offers up TWO fried chicken filets, cheese, bacon, lettuce, mayo and BBQ sauce.
- And at KFC South Korea? The KFC Zinger Double Down King, a bacon-topped beef patty nestled between two fried spicy chicken fillet "buns," then garnished with barbecue and white pepper sauces for good measure.
- Fans of Taco Bell in Brazil, are lucky enough to have loaded nacho fries. They take nachos to the next level by replacing the chips with fries and smothering them with nacho cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, and ground beef.
- Oh, and head over to Taco Bell's (Philippines Division) to get your hands on the real thing — which is stuffed with jalapeno-flavored Cheetos and their three-cheese blend — but we can't imagine recreating your own at home would be all that hard.
Kind of makes you want to get your passport ready, doesn’t it?
Source: Dr. Dave’s Ultimate Prep