The coronavirus pandemic is creating many situations across the globe causing people to stay indoors and only go out when absolutely necessary.
While in self-quarantine, Morgan2 decided to cross off a major binge she's been wanting to do. She's never seen any of the Star Wars movies, even the older ones. She decided to watch the movie series in its entirety over the course of the weekend. She started on Friday afternoon (March 20) and finished the series Sunday night (March 22). Per the advisement of Mike D (Movie Mike's Movie Podcast), Morgan2 watched the movies in release order.
Through the course of her watching, Morgan2 shared her thoughts on many of the movies on her Instagram Story. She noted that she thought Chewbacca was underrated, and the droids were definitely a highlight for many of the movies. One of her favorite movies of the series was Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith because it's where young Anakin Skywalker's story truly comes together in all kinds of ways. She continued by sharing that the older movies were difficult for her to watch due to how old they were (40+ years), but felt like she finally understood all of the pop culture references that came from them like things to do with Yoda and Darth Vader. Her full review of the movie series can be seen here. She concluded her reviews by encouraging others to watch the movies, saying she doesn't regret that she did. The last movie caused her to be "all in her feelings" and things really came together well at the end.
If you're looking to watch Star Wars for the first time, or feel inspired by Morgan2's binge-watching, here's the order she watched in:
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
- Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)